The Retired Teachers Legacy Foundation
The Retired Teachers Legacy Foundation, as established by the RTO Executive in 1994, shall support sick and/or challenged children of the Province of Nova Scotia.
Objectives of the Legacy Foundation:
- To operate a fund exclusively for the benefit of sick and/or challenged children in the province of Nova Scotia;
- To solicit; accept; receive; acquire by grant, donation, legacy gift, bequest; or otherwise;
any kind of real or personal property and to enter and carry out agreements, undertakings and conditions in connection therewith;
- To disburse annually the interest on deposits
- This annual disbursement is to honor the life and work of former teachers in Nova Scotia.
- This annual disbursement is to benefit sick and/or challenged children younger than the age of 21 years;.
- This annual disbursement may benefit institutes which are defined as a society or organization founded for an educational, medical, social or similar purpose;
- This annual disbursement may benefit charitable organizations that work for the benefit of sick and/or challenged children.
Operational Procedures of the Legacy Foundation:
- The audited financial statement of the Legacy Foundation will be published in "The Retired Teacher".
- The Board of Directors shall be the RTO Executive Committee who shall serve on a voluntary basis and not be reimbursed for out-of-pocket expenses.
- Expenses for postage, stationery and promotion will be borne by the RTO.
- All donations to the Legacy Foundation will be invested in term deposits, deposit certificates, government certifications/savings bonds or other avenues as approved by the Board of Directors.
- The interest on deposits shall be disbursed annually to assist charitable institutions that provide service to sick and/or challenged children in the Province of Nova Scotia.
Last Updated: Friday, June 16th., 2017