2018-2019 Pension and Benefits Committee:
Standing (Left to Right): Hank Middleton, Mickey Gouthro, Brian Noble.
Seated (Left to Right): Jack Boyd (Chair), Frances MacEachern.
- The Pension & Benefits Committee shall be chaired by the elected Pension Committee member
- There shall be a maximum of five members on this Committee
- Report through the Chair
- Elected for a one-year term with a second term possible
- Review each annual actuarial valuation
- Publish, at regular intervals, Pension & Benefits information for the membership via The Retired Teacher
- Thoroughly review each “Comprehensive Review” of the Pension Fund
- Review NSTU Council Resolutions related to the Pension Plan and make such recommendations as deemed appropriate
- Propose Pension & Benefit changes to the NSTU Pension Committee via the RTO Executive
- Upon invitation, participate in the annual meeting between the NSTU Insurance Trustees and the RTO Executive
- Keep informed of the workings of the NSTU Pension Committee via the RTO member on the Committee
- Study and report on items referred by the RTO Executive
Last Updated: Thursday September 20th., 2018